Chief Marketing Officer CMO – Blockchain – New Zealand | SF Bay Area | Remote
- Our client is an ambitious startup developing a blockchain-based AI computing marketplace, tapping into under-utilized, GPU-computing resources worldwide.
- Their bases are Auckland, New Zealand and the Bay area in California.
- After successfully securing the first round of funding they are now preparing for a large scale Token Generation Event
Purpose of the role
- Responsible for strategy through to execution of marketing and communication plans with a focus on community presence, customer awareness/activation, supplier relationships and the investment community.
- To drive the overall marketing and communications strategy, including go-to market strategy across a variety of channels connecting to the key stakeholder groups
- Be the go-to person for all communications and promotions including working collaboratively and managing external relationships with media, agencies, journalists and partners marketing and communications teams. Lift the presence of the client across all relevant media/channels
- Responsible for ensuring the team is aware and involved in events and speaking opportunities across the globe and supporting these events to increase overall awareness of the organisation
- Establish the relevant channels, build effective agency relationships and utilise a freelance network as required to ensure that the company is producing consistent, engaging and effective communications to the various audiences
- Support the targeting of wholesale and institutional investors through marketing and contact strategy which may include direct marketing, events or other initiatives to build overall awareness within the investment communities
- Bring data and insight, to drive return on investment across any marketing spend to maximise investment.
- Ensure the highest standard of communications are released to the various stakeholder groups.
- Regularly seek guidance and advice from the advisory board
- at least six months knowledge and experience in learning, understanding and being part of blockchain technology
- have worked within a blockchain tech company previously
- senior level marketing exposure in previous roles, with the ability to be hands-on through to strategic
- global marketplace experience
- experience in a previous industry with leading edge technology
- ideally experience as a contributor across relevant channels in the blockchain community (ie Medium, Reddit, Slack, Telegram)
- previous experience in high growth start-up / scale up experience
- Competitive salary based on experience + tokens
Evolution of role
- The role will swing from strategic to highly operational, the individual will need to be okay with this and equally okay in growing a team ultimately in areas such as product marketing, community managers, marketing and communications talent, so leadership skills are going to be also important in the future.
- Auckland, NZ or
- Bay Area, California or
In case of interest reach out with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or via Michael Shlayen Linkedin