As a Paralegal at Circle, you will provide a full range of corporate, regulatory and logistical support for the Legal Team. We are looking for someone to join a fast-growing team and who is self-initiating, team-oriented and capable of managing competing priorities.
What you’ll work on
- Provide support to Circle’s global legal operations
- Own and maintain of corporate governance records, including board minutes, consents, equity documents, capitalization table, third party contracts
- Prepare and file documentation relating to entity formation and maintenance
- Coordinate execution of signature pages for transaction documents
- Prioritize conflicting needs and proactively follow up, often under tight deadlines
- Analyze new service providers and develop strategies to streamline legal operations around cap table maintenance, document organization and storage, and coordination with non-legal teams on workflows
- Assist with gathering information; review, summarize and analyze data relative to corporate and regulatory changes and trends impacting the organization enterprise-wide
- Assist with drafting, editing, and processing of contracts and standard forms
- Manage corporate compliance calendar and assist with filing requirements
What you’ll bring to Circle
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years experience at a financial institution or leading law firm
- Obsessively organized, with a creative problem-solving edge
- Maintain an energetic and positive attitude, especially under pressure
- Exercise discretion with highly confidential business information
- Fluent with Microsoft Office products and Google Apps
- Experience with corporate governance preferred
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we’re backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
Circle is a consumer finance company focused on transforming the world economy with secure, simple, and less costly technology for storing and using money.
Circle is a disruptive, venture-backed fintech business working to revolutionize consumer finance with simple, free technology for storing and using money. Our product enables people worldwide to transfer money, easily and securely, free of charge, and in the same way we share content and media, express ourselves, and message our friends and family on mobile devices. We believe money should work the way media and messaging work on the Internet: free, global, safe, mobile, and delightful. With US Dollars, British Pounds and Euros support, and connection to the Bitcoin blockchain, we are transforming this vision into reality. Circle is backed by $136 million from investors including Goldman Sachs, Baidu, CreditEase, IDG China, Breyer Capital, Accel and General Catalyst.
We use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain (allowing us to offer this service for free). We also foster innovative approaches to risk, including our AI risk engine, which runs on cutting edge algorithms that continuously keep your money safe.