PayStand is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Controller to join our team in disrupting the payments industry! Venture-backed by top tier investors, our Scotts Valley HQ is a growing team of like-minded people that are paving the way for a fair financial system and are passionate about making the world better – come join us on our mission!
Who we are:
PayStand is a cloud-based payment company for enterprises. Our mission is to digitize and transform B2B payments by leveraging the modern Internet, Blockchain, and SaaS technologies. PayStand’s revolutionary “Payments as a Service” model creates a smart billing & payment network that speeds up receivables, automates payments processing, reduces time-to-cash, lowers transaction costs, and enables new revenue. We have been featured by leading media publishers: Bank Innovation, TechCrunch, CNN Money, The Wall Street Journal, The Dow Jones, The Business Journal, Inc, and more. PayStand has also been listed in Mashable and Entrepreneur Magazine’s global top 10 payment companies!
Our HQ is in Scotts Valley, CA in a beautiful facility within the redwood trees and close proximity to some of the best beaches in the world.
This is an invaluable and unique opportunity for the right candidate to join a rapidly-growing fintech company that is disrupting the payments industry. As our Office & Accounting Manager, you will have the ability to impact all aspects of the business and gain vast insights into company operations, from employees to product, to customers and shape the overall company culture. We’re looking for an infectiously positive, motivated individual who will strive to create a great place to work while implementing scaleable systems, policies, and processes for our fast-growing company. You will handle all aspects of the company’s people, business, and financial operations. You will also be working closely with our outside accountants, legal team, and advisors.
● Understand our complex financial operations and build processes around them
● Provide regular reporting, budgeting, financial modeling, and projections
● Maintain all accounting activities within ERP & Finance Systems, and fiscal records
● Manage full-cycle accounts receivable & payable
● Manage expense reimbursements, run bi-monthly payroll and create related journal entries with consistency and accuracy
● Complete bank and credit card reconciliations, month & year-end closing
● Work with external accounting team on yearly tax filings (federal, state, 1099s)
● Assist employees in stock option grants and exercising
● Champion company culture, inspire team spirit and ensure employee happiness and satisfaction by listening to employee feedback and partnering with leadership to meet the needs of the organization as a whole.
● Assist in coordinating company off-sites
● Lead talent acquisition by creating and posting job descriptions, being the point-of-contact for external recruiters, as well as scouting passive talent.
● Review resumes, screen candidates, and coordinate interviews.
● Manage new-hire onboarding (I-9 verification, background checks), from offer letters to enrollment in benefits and payroll.
● Ensure company stays in compliance with all HR related regulations, track time-off, and oversee benefits open-enrollment.
● Ensure that office is fully stocked with snacks and coordinate catered meals twice weekly from local restaurants.
● Order, track, stock, and maintain office supplies and computer equipment.
● Own all facilities management to ensure our systems and office functions are operating efficiently
● B.A. or B.S., Accounting or business management preferred, masters a plus
● 3-8 years of experience managing office, finance, and operational processes
● Quickbooks & Netsuite experience and intermediate to advanced excel skills preferred
● Technology startup experience preferred
● Passionate and entrepreneurial self-starter – ability to take on high level of responsibilities from day one
● Ability to build and scale from the ground up in a complex finance payments operation
● Strict attention to detail, while maintaining timeliness and accuracy
● Outstanding work ethic based on strong desire to exceed expectations
● Proven project management ability that shows how to organize, find solutions and follow through
● Strong analytical/quantitative skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Full health, dental & vision benefits
● Gym membership at a beautiful facility
● Catered meals
● Company events: happy hour, go-karting, Tahoe trips, retreats
● Ground floor opportunity with a startup – shape the strategic direction of the company
● Smart, motivated team in a fun office environment
Come enjoy a sweet location (reverse commute!), an amazing culture, and building a business that is actually changing the status quo.
Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
PayStand is the modern B2B payment platform enabling 0% bank-to-bank transactions. Business payments should be as easy and seamless as paying with a credit card, but without the costly fees. PayStand makes it easy to add a secure, unique payment gateway to your invoicing system or website, customized with your branding. Let your customers pay you online and from their smartphone via eCheck, eCash, paper check via photo check capture, and credit cards using the PayStand card reader.
Welcome to the next generation in payments. Only PayStand gives you the flexibility to take payments everywhere you do business, integrate payments in your systems, and dramatically lower your overhead costs.