As the Global Tax Director, you’ll lead Circle’s tax strategy, compliance and provision activities as an integral part of the global finance team. You will provide hands-on leadership for all tax activities, including oversight of all Circle entities taxation in different jurisdictions, and calculation of tax provision for financial reporting purposes.
What you’ll work on
- Responsible for the corporate tax filing and the preparation of tax provision process for all Circle entities in different jurisdictions not limited to UK, Ireland, USA
- Identify and manage risks related to tax compliance and implementation of a consistent tax strategy, including transfer pricing between related parties at Circle
- Prepare and execute the calendar of filing deliverables to ensure compliance with tax deliverables for US federal, state and foreign income taxes (including annual returns, Forms 8858, 5471, VAT filing, etc…)
- Manage relationships with external tax advisors and investors
- Provision of high quality and timely services on tax matters to global subsidiaries
- Research and analyze technical tax issues and their impact on tax provisions and disclosures
- Prepare tax disclosures for financial reporting purposes
- Evaluate and implement technology and processes to improve tax compliance
What you’ll bring to Circle
- 8-10+ years of international tax accountant experience in the financial services industry
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Experience with global tax provision and compliance processes
- Independent self-starter, with a strong sense of accountability and attention to detail
- Strong research and analytical skills
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we’re backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
Circle is a consumer finance company focused on transforming the world economy with secure, simple, and less costly technology for storing and using money.
Circle is a disruptive, venture-backed fintech business working to revolutionize consumer finance with simple, free technology for storing and using money. Our product enables people worldwide to transfer money, easily and securely, free of charge, and in the same way we share content and media, express ourselves, and message our friends and family on mobile devices. We believe money should work the way media and messaging work on the Internet: free, global, safe, mobile, and delightful. With US Dollars, British Pounds and Euros support, and connection to the Bitcoin blockchain, we are transforming this vision into reality. Circle is backed by $136 million from investors including Goldman Sachs, Baidu, CreditEase, IDG China, Breyer Capital, Accel and General Catalyst.
We use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain (allowing us to offer this service for free). We also foster innovative approaches to risk, including our AI risk engine, which runs on cutting edge algorithms that continuously keep your money safe.