Our client is building out a cross-chain Defi lending protocol powered by Polkadot. The protocol has numerous previously unseen, technically sophisticated smart contract features which together support a unique token model specifically designed to drive powerful network effects and outcompete sector peers in attracting liquidity. The company is expanding its engineering team, which is wholly supported by existing dev personnel, and so is now seeking a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to bring additional world class capability to the business.
The CTO will join an executive team with enormous breadth and depth in developing digital platforms for both the blockchain and FinTech sectors and who have between them created billions in shareholder value while launching numerous startups that have become global category leaders. This role will suit individuals with deep tech blockchain experience who find personal inspiration inleading high performance engineering teams to build our best-of-class technological products and who flourish doing so in rapidly moving environments in which constant innovation is a must.
This position is full-time and primarily based in Tallinn, Estonia. We say primarily because for the right individual the ability to remotely work for periods of time throughout the year does exist, subject to the engineering team meeting certain performance benchmarks. For this senior role, we’re dedicated to finding a deeply experienced and knowledgeable CTO to provide technical leadership towards the development and maintenance of the protocol. The CTO should be a strategic thinker, have a strong track record in the FinTech and blockchain industry, be well-versed in the Polkadot technology stack and understand the value DeFi plays within the blockchain industry. Such a CTO will understand and use agile development methodologies to lead a team of engineers that implement, validate, secure, and maintain the capabilities of the protocol and work intimately with the rest of the executive team setting the business’s strategic direction.
• Lead, manage and be responsible for all strategic technology related decisions in the business
• Lead, negotiate and manage external technology partners including deep tech consultancies incross-chain architecture plus Polkadot parachains
• Effectively lead the development team to deliver high value outcomes on tight delivery timelines• Inspire, mentor and lead by example the engineering team to provide an empowering work context that has individual team members flourish in performing at their optimum
• Identify and troubleshoot platform shortcomings
• Identify and evaluate competitor products and the competitive landscape
• Be aware of the latest technology developments and implement those that yield competitive advantages
• Proven 5 years of experience as Chief Technology Officer, Technology Director or equivalent, preferably for FinTech and blockchain companies
• Profound knowledge of Blockchain domain (technical and business aspects)
• Exceptional communication and team leading skills• Superb understanding of the technological aspects of the cryptocurrency, DeFi and FinTech landscapes
• Demonstrated ability to build out and manage world class engineering teams• Strong track record building quality assurance and data protection processes
• Deep expertise in blockchain technology and the Polkadot technology stack, I.e. Substrate
• Experience in Rust, Java or similar
• Experience in SCRUM methodology
What’s in offer :
• Opportunity to work with world class team in building out best of class ecosystem of DeFi offerings
• Be a senior executive in a team with a history of delivering globally significant businesses
• Full relocation expenses covered by the company
• Highly competitive salary, token package intended to empower and motivate
Get in touch with Michael Shlayen on LInkedin, via email@example.com
For more jobs in crypto & blockchain join our Groups on Telegram (https://lnkd.in/gwpWAjP) & Linkedin (https://lnkd.in/gPKRjQX) dedicated to connecting top employers & talent in the space.