Our client is an actively growing company, operating in a Bitcoin mining sector since 2017. The company currently operates five data centers (three of which are owned) outside the U.S. with the total running power capacity of 175+ MW, which makes us one of the world’s biggest companies in the sector. By Apr 2022, we plan to have 350 MW of combined data center capacity in the U.S. and Sweden. The source of power will be low-carbon energy, e.g. renewable energy, natural gas and green hydrogen.
At present, on their behalf we are looking for a Business Development Manager to support our expansion in Sweden and other Nordic countries.
Reporting line: COO
Responsibilities: You will be a senior member of a team, and, as such, will play a large part in the future development of the business in Sweden and potentially other Nordic countries. As a Business Development Manager, you will report directly to the COO. We expect from you a strong interest in the data center and power generation & supply sector with knowledge of specific issues such as (1) nation- and region-wide power market regulation, (2) electricity pricing mechanics, (3) system operator’s programs allowing for power price decrease. You will be responsible for sourcing, acquiring and developing new data centers and power infrastructure across the Nordic countries to generate new revenue streams and facilitate business growth, including: • Assisting senior management in setting corporate strategy; • Developing and executing plans for acquiring, leasing or hosting data centers and power infrastructure and redeveloping industrial sites into data center facilities; • Analyzing, implementing and closing transactions in conjunction with a technical and investment teams and advisors; • Sourcing and analyzing the most cost-effective electricity locations, power infrastructure and industrial sites suitable for data center facilities; • Establishing long-term relationships with owners of these assets; • Supervising due diligence of target assets; • Representing the company at regional conferences and events.
Qualifications and competencies
• Brokerage services or transaction advisory in industrial real estate or energy infrastructure in Sweden and other Nordic countries;
• Familiarity with the wholesale electricity market and data centers operations in Sweden and other Nordic countries, at least five years of business development or product management experience within the aforementioned industries;
• Evidence of successful project development and full lifecycle management;
• Ability to comprehend, develop and effectively execute business plans, account portfolio management and opportunity analyses;
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents (terms and conditions, technical procedures, etc.);
• Ability to track and manage product P&L after launch;
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills (C-level);
• Bachelor’s degree from a well-known university;
• Fluency in English (must) and Swedish or Norwegian (desirable);
• Highly organized with a high level of attention to detail;
• Time and priority management skills;
• People management and negotiation skills;
• Willingness and motivation to play a leadership role in a fast-paced and growing company.