As a Site Reliability Engineer at Circle, you’ll build out AWS managed services to meet growing worldwide customer base across multiple AWS regions and automate configuration of AWS infrastructure. You’ll get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across teams and continue to learn in a fun, collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment.
What you’ll work on
- Automate configuration of AWS infrastructure using AWS APIs in scripting languages such as Python
- Build out AWS managed services to meet a growing worldwide customer base across multiple AWS regions
- Design redundant and resilient cross-region infrastructure
- Plan and test disaster recovery scenarios for a highly available microservices architecture
- Collaborate to create security focused tools and frameworks
What you’ll bring to Circle
- 4+ years experience as a AWS certified SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer or Solutions Architect
- Extensive experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), having managed services and applications in a large AWS cross-account environment leveraging IAM and federated SSO
- Expert with AWS services including IAM, VPC, Cloudwatch, Kinesis, etc
- Knowledge of PKI and PGP trust systems
- Configuration management and automation experience with Ansible, Python, and Boto
- Extensive experience with log aggregation systems like Splunk, ELK, etc
- Experience creating and maintaining monitoring and alerting capabilities using tools like Splunk, Kibana, Datadog, or Kinesis Analytics
- See problems as opportunities to automate!
- Experience with databases such as Postgres, Redshift and MySQL
- Experience running blockchain nodes on networks such as Bitcoin, Ethereum or Monero
- Security background and experience with IDS/IPS and DDOS mitigation
- Production experience with Docker
- Open-source project contributions
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we’re backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
Circle is a consumer finance company focused on transforming the world economy with secure, simple, and less costly technology for storing and using money.
Circle is a disruptive, venture-backed fintech business working to revolutionize consumer finance with simple, free technology for storing and using money. Our product enables people worldwide to transfer money, easily and securely, free of charge, and in the same way we share content and media, express ourselves, and message our friends and family on mobile devices. We believe money should work the way media and messaging work on the Internet: free, global, safe, mobile, and delightful. With US Dollars, British Pounds and Euros support, and connection to the Bitcoin blockchain, we are transforming this vision into reality. Circle is backed by $136 million from investors including Goldman Sachs, Baidu, CreditEase, IDG China, Breyer Capital, Accel and General Catalyst.
We use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain (allowing us to offer this service for free). We also foster innovative approaches to risk, including our AI risk engine, which runs on cutting edge algorithms that continuously keep your money safe.