We are looking for individuals who pick things up quickly and develop skills in our interdisciplinary space, with strong implementation ability.
* Writing core infrastructure software
* System design for Lightning for payments and future projects
* Designing secure protocols, software, and algorithms which reduce trust.
* Supporting communicating with the wider community and industries about our software and technology.
* Quick learner.
* Strong engineering background.
* Experience in Bitcoin, cryptography, or financial software a major plus but not necessary.
* Can think adversarially.
* Solid programming skills, experience in golang, C, C++, or python a plus.
* Demonstrate solid engineering practices and processing, such as a solid testing methodology and documentation.
* Ability to take ownership of projects
* Prior contributions to crypto protocols
Check out our github repo at https://github.com/lightningnetwork/lnd.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
About Lightning Network
Transactions for the Future
Instant Payments. Lightning-fast blockchain payments without worrying about block confirmation times. Security is enforced by blockchain smart-contracts without creating a on-blockchain transaction for individual payments. Payment speed measured in milliseconds to seconds.
Scalability. Capable of millions to billions of transactions per second across the network. Capacity blows away legacy payment rails by many orders of magnitude. Attaching payment per action/click is now possible without custodians.
Low Cost. By transacting and settling off-blockchain, the Lightning Network allows for exceptionally low fees, which allows for emerging use cases such as instant micropayments.
Cross Blockchains. Cross-chain atomic swaps can occur off-chain instantly with heterogeneous blockchain consensus rules. So long as the chains can support the same cryptographic hash function, it is possible to make transactions across blockchains without trust in 3rd party custodians.