Exodus is looking for an engineer who is excited to explore and integrate bleeding edge Bitcoin features into the Exodus wallet. Your role as a Junior Bitcoin Engineer is to make sure that our Bitcoin technology stack is on the forefront of current developments and give our customers the Bitcoin experience they deserve.
Do you know what Taproot is? You can’t wait for the activation? Multisig is your passion? Great. Come to work for Team Bitcoin at Exodus.
What You Will Do
We need someone who will:
- Research new Bitcoin developments and figure out how to integrate them into our Desktop and Mobile wallets.
- Work cross functionally with our DevOps team to configure full node software.
- Create internal tools to help our team better support users.
- Modify front-end React.js components in our wallets in order to better support Bitcoin.
- Implement or use 3rd-party libraries for asset signing and transaction creation.
Who You Are
Characteristics we are looking for in this role:
- Bitcoiner at heart - you can’t wait for Taproot to activate. You can’t understand how people don’t want to have coin control.
- Someone who is self-motivated, well organized, and an excellent communicator - both written and verbal.
- Strong NodeJS and React background.
- Someone who is able to unblock themselves in a largely asynchronous work environment.
- Experience with Bitcoin technology is a requirement. Although we are looking for someone who is curious about the entirety of the crypto space this role will be Bitcoin focused.
- Someone who is self motivated and can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
- You have a deep knowledge of the Node.js APIs and are comfortable writing asynchronous algorithms.
- Someone who has a basic understanding of cryptographic primitives like hashing, macs, PK-crypto, and signing.
- Someone helpful and willing to offer assistance to other team members within the company.
Characteristics We Look For, Straight from our own Team
- You take initiative. We all tend to wear different hats from time to time, so we encourage trying out new things.
- You're passionate. Exodus is not just a job, it’s a mission.
- You're empathetic. The ability to give and receive feedback with empathy is instrumental in individual growth and company growth.
- You’re focused on delivery. We are results-oriented and need self-starters who don’t wait around for direction.
What we Offer
- Freedom to work wherever you want, whenever you want.
- Building the future. Cryptocurrencies lay the foundation to the internet of value, the next major wave in application technology and personal finance.
- Collaborative and feedback-driven culture.
- Opportunity to grow.
- Fair pay, no matter where you live along with a competitive benefits package.
Our Hiring Process
At Exodus, we pride ourselves in hiring people from all around the world. We work with individuals from various backgrounds; some traditional and some a bit more unconventional.
Our hiring process focuses on two pillars.
Efficiency. You can expect the process to take about two weeks. We know what it’s like to wait several weeks for a recruiter to get back to you and we want to be respectful of your time.
Transparency. We anticipate you asking questions and will answer with transparency and respect.
We are committed to shaping a better world and have built our team based on always being candid, customer advocacy, commitment to help and delivery.
Overall, our goal is that you have a great candidate experience with us.