We see a world where anyone with a mobile phone and access to the internet can store, send, and exchange any type of digital value. To accomplish that goal, we’ve built the OMG Network, a blockchain-based financial technology platform that enables real-time exchange of value across geographies and asset classes by scaling Ethereum.
With 60% of the world connected to the internet, but financial services wrought with friction, you have the chance to make a real difference.
Join a team of 50+ people working remotely across four continents. Our culture is inclusive and we come from various backgrounds and industries — from technology and NGO’s, to finance and governance. Together, we can empower businesses to better reach and serve their customers. Join us.
Why we need you
We are looking for experienced engineers who can apply reliability engineering principles to run our production services. We’re scaling Ethereum to build financial services with our implementation of plasma. Our Infrastructure team works closely with the development teams to ensure we deliver secure and reliable services for our users. We move quickly and you’ll have an integral part in how we make technology decisions. This is a senior role within the infrastructure team and encompesses design, support, and engineering functions.
What you will do
- Build, deploy, and maintain the blockchain services that form Plasma
- Use cloud services to build environments used for code deployments
- Monitor and optimise our applications to improve the reliability of our services and systems
- Engage in and improve the entire lifecycle of services – from design through deployment and operations
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Define processes to encourage collaboration between development and operations teams
- Document everything you build
Core skills & experience:
- Ethereum or blockchain knowledge desirable (but not required)
- Experienced with container (Docker) deployments on Kubernetes
- Able to describe architecture of multi-region redundant environments
- Comfortable with a programming language and Linux shell scripting
- Experienced with monitoring and alerting with modern tooling (Datadog a plus)
- Able to design load balancing solutions for zero downtime services
- Familiar with network protocols and security best practices (application/system/network)
- Able to build and manage logging services
- Can manage the service reliability, sustainability, and technical debt for services running in production
- Automate all the things mindset!
As we run our own blockchain, a knowledge of Ethereum internals and clients is useful but not required. We run cutting edge software that we’ve built based on developments by our in-house researchers. If you want to work at the forefront of blockchain technology with one of the most exciting projects in the crypto space, we want to hear from you!
- Eager to learn new things
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment
- A believer in the potential of the blockchain to revolutionize the lives of people who do and don’t have access to financial services
- Able to communicate with confidence in English
- Able to work with different time zones
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we’d be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position.
Visit our Career site Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- You will be invited to complete one of the following code challenges
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
OMG Network embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
About OMG NETWORK
OMG Network is part of Omise Holdings, founded in 2017, currently 40 people
Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
Omise Holdings raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including SoftBank International, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Sinar Mas Digital Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
OMG Network was launched in 2017 as a technology first company with a mission to enable people to access financial services that are fast, fair and secure. In building a global platform for open financial services, OMG Network's products and services include the white label, open source eWallet Suite, the OMG Network and technical consulting services.
The OMG Network is a decentralized network that enables transparent, peer-to-peer transactions in real-time and facilitates self-sovereign financial services across geographies, asset classes and applications. Leveraging payment and blockchain expertise, OMG Network works with enterprises, startups and non-profit organizations to form their payment and eWallet strategy, provide implementation support and co-create new products.
The OMG Network eWallet Suite allows users to build and integrate a front-end interface to mint, deposit, transact, track and withdraw digital assets. The full suite includes tools for providers to customize apps to their specific needs.