Ocean is a decentralized data exchange protocol and network that works for data producers and consumers alike. Ocean incentivizes the promotion of relevant data for use in the training of artificial intelligence (AI) models, linking all the elements required for a data‐driven ecosystem: storage, compute, and governance. The Ocean network leverages blockchain technology to facilitate the distribution and consumption of data in a safe, secure, and transparent manner. At Ocean, we value diversity and encourage people of all races, genders, and ethnicities to apply. If you’re passionate about data and empowering people, Ocean Protocol is the place for you. For more information, please visit oceanprotocol.com.
Ocean Protocol Foundation is headquartered in Singapore with a secondary office in the heart of Berlin, the bustling startup capital of Europe. For our Berlin office, we are currently looking to fill the position of Senior Business Developer.
The Senior Business Developer will structure, develop and support our partnership activities and lead all growth initiatives.
● Be the first point of contact for all new business enquiries worldwide.
● Perform all due diligence on new business opportunities.
● Proactively push thinking around product partnerships and other strategic initiatives.
● Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts.
● Responsible for achieving strategic account targets.
● Communicate with major partners on a regular basis and respond to specific queries.
● Assist in financial planning and analysis.
● Integrating contract requirements with business operations.
● Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
● Work hand in hand with C-Suite and account teams to determine potential client needs and resources.
● Master industry knowledge and trends to understand clients’ business.
● Create and implement business development processes and systems.
● Stay abreast of emerging technologies and recognize opportunities to continuously develop professionally.
● Support the senior management team in defining new lines of business.
● Travel worldwide may be required.
● At least 5 years of experience in a leadership / business development capacity at a startup
● At least 2 years of experience in the blockchain industry
● Background in IT consulting, fintech or venture capital preferred
● Successful track record selling new business and products in emerging technology markets
● Ability to qualify leads and counterparties rigorously
● Exceptional work ethic and motivation to excel in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to execute many tasks in parallel across multiple threads involving numerous stakeholders and counterparties
● Technical savvy enabling you to easily interact with software developers and architects
● Commitment to structured negotiations and outcomes
● Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
● Ability to think strategically, lead others, and remain calm under pressure
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
● Demonstrated ability to successfully network and outreach
● Ability to work well in a team
● Ability to travel 25-50+% required depending on your location.
● Self-motivated and the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
About Ocean Protocol
Ocean Protocol uses advanced blockchain technology that allows data to be shared and sold in a safe, secure and transparent manner. We enable a decentralized platform and network that connects providers and consumers of valuable data, while providing open access for developers to build services.
Ocean Protocol uses a thoughtful application of both technology and governance for more equitable outcomes for users of data.