Senior Project Manager – Blockchain (Solution Acceleration & Innovation Team)
What is the opportunity?Solution Acceleration & Innovation is the startup of the bank, and the mission of our team is to keep RBC as an undisputed leader in innovation. Looking for a passionate, results oriented, innovative project manager to drive execution of the Solution Acceleration & Innovation (SA&I) strategy focused on Blockchain across multiple projects, platforms and solutions.You will be responsible for translating product and technology vision and strategy into actionable program and project capabilities. This individual will establish the requirements and specifications needed to deliver innovative project management which will drive successful execution of the Solution Acceleration & Innovation (SA&I) strategy. In addition, this individual will deliver successful project management as it aligns to the team’s cohesive future vision of banking, along with the broader vision; specifically as it relates to our focus on Blockchain across multiple projects, platforms and solutions.What will you do?
- Drive key activities required for project planning and manage the execution of large scale, high risk, and cross functional platform strategic projects focused on Blockchain technologies according to plan
- Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, senior management, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to demonstrate expectations on all project requirements and deliverables
- Identify and communicate a clear vision of the project’s objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members
- Communicate effectively with regards to backend infrastructure; leveraging the teams expertise and being able to recommend an appropriate plan of action
- Apply hands-on project management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases
- Leverage risk and change management skills on projects – plan day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks
- Deliver and own project outcomes that are aligned to established cost, timing, deliverable and scope objectives
- Drive internal process improvements, remove gaps, across multiple teams and ensure teams are working on high impact projects that align with company mission and goals
What do you need to succeed?Must Haves
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of tech industry experience and 7+ years of project management experience of client facing products
- Blockchain Domain: Basic understanding of Blockchain value proposition, Good knowledge of Blockchain technologies or Distributed Ledger platforms, smart contracts etc.
- Understanding cryptographic protocols (e.g. Bitcoin), Practical experience in delivering projects using Blockchain platforms (such as Ethereum, Ripple, Hyperledger etc.
- Communication, organization, management and people skills – be able to communicate and present to senior management
- Be able to work cross functionally with multiple partners in different time zones
- Experience working with external technology vendors and partners
Nice To Have
- Startup experience
What’s in it for you?We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
SFDGAbout RBCRoyal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.comGet Career AlertsStay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.Inclusion and Equal Opportunity EmploymentRBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.Job SummaryCity: Toronto Address: 207 Queens Quay W Work Hours/Week: 37.5 Work Environment: Office Employment Type: Permanent Career Level: Senior Manager/Director Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus People Manager: Yes Application Deadline: 2017-09-30
You must sign in to apply for this position.
About Royal Bank of Canada
Canadian multinational financial services company and the largest bank in Canada. The bank serves over 16 million clients and has 80,000 employees worldwide