Our client is a fairly mined cryptocurrency which is permissionless, trustless, secure, and race-free. It is built and distributed as open source software and all software work done is contributed to the world under a permissive software license.
Join us at the forefront of the next major tech disruption: programmable Internet money via decentralized consensus on computations.
On their behalf, we are looking for a strong principal software developer who is passionate about the blockchain space, enjoys designing and writing software, who’d like to join the core dev team and work full time on the core platform.
We work in a flat, open organization where each team member is responsible to his or her peers for the quality and the delivery of major platform components, participates as an equal in all software design discussions and works closely with the researchers and the open source community.
This is a full-time position and is WFH / remote.
As a principal developer on the core dev team you will…
- Develop a deep understanding of algorithms, protocols, and all major software components and infrastructure
- Work closely with the research team on protocols and algorithms
- Develop a strong understanding of the platform software requirements and product vision by working closely with the product team
- Assist other core team members to solve technical issues by performing design reviews, code reviews, profiling and benchmarking
- Champion software development best practices and standards
- Drive and optimize an agile software engineering process across the organization
- Make significant code contributions to the platform
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Combination of exceptional algorithmic/theoretic CS skills, strong hands-on systems programming skills, and strong software design skills
- Fast learner, able to quickly understand complex new technologies and code bases
- Strong people skills and experience leading a successful complex software project
- Strong systems programming skills in Go, Rust, or C++, and at least 7 years of professional software engineering experience
- Ability to lead an agile software development process
- Great spoken and written English communication skills
- Some experience writing concurrent code in Go
- Familiarity with modern blockchain technology and concepts
- Previous contributions to open source projects
- Experience designing distributed systems
- M.Sc. in Computer Science and/or Cryptography
Join our Linkedin Group dedicated to connecting top professionals & employers in Blockchain & Crypto.